It’s been a few weeks now…
Do you need to check in with other parents and caregivers who are also raising children who experience mental health challenges?
Please join our Online PCLG Coffee & Conversation
Saturday, April 25th, 10:30am
- What’s working in your household? What’s not?
- What challenges do you have? What do you wish social services, providers and schools knew?
- What self-care activities have you found that actually help?
- What resources have you found that you’d like to share with other families?
To participate, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom password info.
Want to know how other parents are surviving?
Join PCLG’s Parent Support Group ONLINE.
Meeting: Thursday, April 2nd at 7:00pm
This support group offers a safe place where you can share the ups and downs of parenting a child with mental health challenges – Connection and support is especially important in these challenging times!
Here’s how to participate:
- Topic: Parent Catalyst Leadership Group
- Time: Apr 2, 2020 07:00-8:00 PM Central Time
- Join Zoom Meeting
- https://zoom.us/j/198376991 (Cut and paste the link into your web browser, you do NOT need the app to join the meeting but you do need to approve the “launching” of the meeting.)
- Meeting ID: 198 376 991
- One tap mobile for cell phone or tablet use:
- +13126266799,,198376991# US (Chicago)
- If you computer doesn’t have audio, call the number below:
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- Meeting ID: 198 376 991
Can’t make this date/time? Join our 24/7 private support group on Facebook and let us know what works best for you! Hennepin County PCLG Support Group
Posted in Advocacy and Support, Children's Mental Health, Crisis Management, Support for Families, Warning Signs
Tagged children, families, getting help, mental illness, mental-health, Parenting, Parents, Seeking help, stress, support, taking care of yourself, teens, young children, youth
Join Parent Catalyst Leadership Group (PCLG) for refreshments and conversation about navigating the children’s mental health system. Bring your questions about schools, providers, crisis plans, or accessing services. Learn about the opportunities for advocacy, connections, and training available to parents.
- Saturday, March 21st
- Southdale Library, Helen Young Room
- 7001 York Ave South, Edina, MN
Free, but we ask you to RSVP.
Children are welcome, but space is limited, so please let us know in advance.
Hennepin County Parent Catalyst Leadership Group (PCLG) is hosting a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) for Caregivers. This two-day training includes peer support and a safe environment with the focus on YOU. We will explore ways of focusing on your wellness as a caregiver and share challenges and coping strategies. Participants will be able to identify helpful resources and return home with a toolkit to guide them through tough moments.
FREE for parents and caregivers of children or youth with a mental health concern in Hennepin County. REGISTER HERE
WRAP has helped me find my own value and peace as a person, not just a parent.” –LV
- February 8 & 9, 2020
- Kaposia Hennepin Services,
- 8100 Wayzata Blvd, Golden Valley, MN 55426
Box lunches available upon request.
Reserve a place now – enrollment is limited!
Please note: No childcare is available.
Questions? Contact Liz @612-919-2126 or email@example.com
Our next PCLG Coffee & Conversation is coming up soon!
Join Parent Catalyst Leadership Group (PCLG) for refreshments and conversation about navigating the children’s mental health system. Bring your questions about schools, providers, crisis plans, or accessing services. Learn about the opportunities for advocacy, connections, and training available to parents. We especially want to hear from parents of younger children, but ALL ARE WELCOME.
- Saturday, January 18, 2020 CANCELLED DUE TO WINTER STORM!!
- Webber Park Library
- 4440 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis
- Free, but we ask you to RSVP.
- Children are welcome, but space is limited, so please let us know in advance.
December can be a busy and sometimes stressful month. Take a little time out for support this Thursday night, December 12th at 6:30pm at the Sabes JCC 4330 Cedar Lake Road in St. Louis Park. We’ll be sharing strategies about getting through the holidays. Join us! It’s a great group of people to connect with.
PCLG Support Group
– Want to share experiences with other parents who have been in your shoes? Join us Thursday, Dec. 12th at 6:30pm at the Sabes JCC, 4330 Cedar Lake Road
Workshops, Groups, and Information Sessions
for parents and caregivers are listed in this month’s edition of PCLG News
. Check it out!
Looking for support? Have questions about navigating your child’s mental health issues at their school? Wondering what the heck SMRT is? Join PCLG parents for our monthly Support Group at 6:30pm tomorrow night, October 10th, at the Sabes JCC in St. Louis Park. These questions and more will be answered!
Whether you need an in person or online parent support group, or a class on topics like children’s challenging behavior, navigating special education, or caregiver well-being, our monthly newsletter can help you discover opportunities in the Hennepin County area.
MEET PCLG PARENTS AT MENTAL HEALTH DAY AT THE FAIR!
Come visit PCLG at our booth at the Minnesota State Fair on August 26th for Mental Health Day at the Fair. The day will feature music, dance, and Fidgety Fairy Tales performances at Dan Patch Park.