Parent Catalyst Leadership Group
PCLG Parent Support Group – Online
Thursday, April 7th at 7:00pm
To participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Zoom meeting
We plan to have more Zoom meetings this month if you miss this one.
- Can’t make this date/time? Join our 24/7 private support group on Facebook and let us know what works best for you! Hennepin County PCLG Support Group
You can also join our private support group on Facebook:
- Hennepin County PCLG Support Group.
- Parents with shared lived experiences
Resources for Families
- Child care: We understand many child care centers or programs are closing temporarily. Parents and guardians who temporarily need child care resources, or find themselves newly needing child care can call Child Care Aware of Minnesota at 1(888)291-9811 or go to www.parentaware.org to search online for child care options.
- Information and tutoring resources for families during school closures: https://schoolclosures.org/
- Free internet access for low income families – To sign up for Comcast, applicants can simply visit com There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish. To use USI Wireless, Look for the “City of Minneapolis Public WiFi” or “USI Wireless” networks on your mobile device and you will be connected. The process is similar to using Wi-Fi at a coffee shop or the airport. No password or credit card is required to sign in. Contact USI Internet support for more information or to get help over the phone.
- Food resources: crowd-sourced Google Document (updated frequently — please call to verify information listed). See Free Meals for Kids map from Hunger Solutions as well.
- Many more resources for Childcare, Utilities, Unemployment, Financial, Food, and Housing Assistance are listed on this Family Voices Resource Page.
- Individual/family preparedness: See information from MDH.
- United HealthCare Emotional Support Line: call any time at 866-342-6892. This 24/7 Optum Help Line is staffed by professionally trained mental health experts. It is free of charge and open to anyone.
Crisis Resources – Hennepin County, Minnesota
- Hennepin County Mobile Child Crisis Team (612) 348-2233 Children’s Mobile Crisis Response Teams can help you and your child get through a mental health crisis. For individuals age 18 and over, call 612-596-1223
- Call 911 instead if you think there is immediate risk for your child of harming themselves or others.
- Crisis Text Line: Text MN to 741 741 — free support at your fingertips
- National Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ crisis intervention and suicide prevention): 1-866-488-7386
COVID-19 Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Minnesota Department of Education – Special Education and COVID-19
- Minnesota Department of Education – COVID-19 Updates
- U.S. Department of Education – Supplemental Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities