I was particularly excited when I read this study by Child Trends: Adolescent Highlight: Access to Mental Health Care. They really captured what parents have been saying for a long time about
- missed opportunities for early intervention,
- difficulties finding providers
- services that wait for a crisis before being triggered,
- a system that is poorly coordinated and difficult to navigate AND
- the important role that school based mental health services COULD play in remedying many of these problems.