- Saturday, November 11, 2017
- 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Creekview Recreation Center, Multipurpose Room
- 5001 Humboldt Avenue North, Minneapolis
Are you raising a child who faces mental health challenges? We want to hear from you! Join the Center for Africans Now in America (CANA) and Parent Catalyst Leadership Group (PCLG) for a chance to connect and converse over coffee and refreshments. All are welcome!
We will talk about interacting with your child’s school, working with health providers, and accessing services through the county. What are the special challenges facing families new to our region?
- Free, but we ask you to RSVP.
- Interpreter will be provided.
- Children are welcome, but please let us know how many and what ages.
For more information, contact:
- Parent Catalyst Leadership Group (PCLG)
- Hennepin County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative
- CANA, Center for Africans Now in America, Inc.
- Health Care Clinic
- 763-703-5506/ 952-356-2953
Posted in Advocacy and Support, Children's Mental Health, Education, Stress on family, Support for Families
Tagged adolescents, children, families, family stress, getting help, mental illness, mental-health, Parents, Seeking help, support, taking care of yourself, teens, youth
We want to hear from you! Join PCLG Parents next month for coffee, refreshments, and conversation. Learn about the opportunities for advocacy, connections, and training available to parents who choose to become PCLG catalysts. Bring your questions about interacting with your child’s school, finding providers, or accessing services through the county. We especially want to hear from parents of preschool and grade school children, but all are welcome!
- Saturday, August 12, 2017
- 10 – 11:30 am
- Augsburg Park Library Meeting Room (NOTE: New location!)
- 7100 Nicollet Ave, RichfieldFree, but please RSVP. Children are welcome, but please let us know ages and how many to expect!
Posted in Advocacy and Support, Children's Mental Health
Tagged adolescents, advocacy, children, getting help, mental-health, Parenting, Parents, Seeking help, support, teens, young children, youth
We saw some familiar faces in this MACMH video and just had to share it. Congratulations to Brian and Talia for all their excellent work on the MACMH Youth Advisory Council.
Brian and Talia share their thoughts in this Youth M.O.V.E. Advisory Council Legacy of Change video from the Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health (MACMH)